War of Ninja has a new look! We've completely revamped the skill descriptions to make them fast and easy to read. And we've added flavour texts to all of the skills and items in the game to add an extra layer of immersion.
The battle-client has also gotten a few changes. You'll notice it is much more compact now. The menu and information panel in the lower quarter of the screen have been removed. The menu is now hidden behind the little gear at the top right of the screen. The information panel now appears when you mouseover a skill. And when you click on the character avatars, a fully fledged character popup will appear with all the information you need.
With the changes to the skill descriptions, the rest of the website couldn't stay behind. So we've completely re-evaluated the fonts we chose way back when. As a result, we hope you'll find War of Ninja better looking and easier to read.
Finally, we've also had to change some of the terms and definitions. Melee and Ranged damage are out, and they've been replaced by Physical damage. This change allows a hand full of melee and ranged skills to become tactic:
- Dawn Breakers is now a tactic skill and is no longer related to melee as it now deals physical damage.
- Aggressive defense is no longer related to melee as it now deals (tactic) physical damage.
- Swipe stance is no longer related to melee as it now deals (tactic) physical damage.
- One Step Ahead is now a tactic skill and is no longer related to melee as it now deals physical damage.
- Stalking Dragon is now a tactic skill and is no longer related to melee as it now deals physical damage.
Some of the other terms have also been changed, so be sure to check out the Terms and Definitions section of the manual.
We've worked very hard to bring you these changes, and we are quite happy with the results. Unfortunately the promised Item Weeks had to suffer a bit, but we believe it was worth it. Let us know what you think of the update in this topic.